We get it. Deciding what kind of business to invest in is a huge decision. If you are reading this blog, you may have narrowed your decision down to a restaurant concept, even as specific as a Mexican food franchise, but we are here to tell you, not all Mexican restaurants for sale are alike. First, let’s explain the differences between the types of restaurant businesses to buy, and why we think a franchise is the right move…even if you don’t choose ours (but that would be nuts!).
Franchise vs. Start Up
The first thing you should ask when you see a Mexican restaurant for sale is, “Is it a franchise, or will you be starting up a business on your own?” The cool thing about a franchise concept is you get to be in business for yourself, but not be by yourself.
Some Quick Perks to Franchise Ownership
- You don’t have to recreate the wheel. With a franchise, the franchise model is already in place, all you have to do is follow it. Think of it like a blueprint for your business.
- You have the franchisor to rely on for support (that’s us), whether it’s for everyday operational questions, or help with marketing, HR, customer relations, you name it. The franchisor’s job is to guide you through business ownership with their brand.
- There are franchise laws in place to protect you – the franchisee – and documents to back it up. You’ll receive a Franchise Disclosure Document to help you make an informed decision and you will sign a Franchise Agreement that spells out the exact relationship between you and the franchisor. It’s all right there in black and white so expectations are clear (mega important!).
The Problem with Start-Ups
A start up business offers none of the above. When problems come up (operational, legal, or otherwise), you’ll have to solve them on your own. If you are an experienced restaurateur, you may have a clue what to do. If you aren’t, then you’ll have to problem-solve on your own. That my friend, is a lonely place to be – and not at all Dank.
Mexican Food Franchise: The Dank Way
At Dank Burrito, we have put a ton of time, research, and resources into our incredibly cool and strategically developed franchise program, which is why it’s the Dankest in the nation. Once you’re with us, we are with you. If you are awarded a Dank Burrito franchise, then you become one of the Dank family. We got you.
What about Mom & Pop?
The same is true for current restaurant owners who are looking for a better way forward. Start-ups are brutal. Most people see a Mexican restaurant for sale, get all excited to go into business for themselves, but don’t realize what a full-time commitment it is, and with no instruction manual! We wouldn’t do that to you. If you qualify for our franchise program, we will show you what business ownership can look like when you have support. It’s one of the things we do best. The way we see it, if you can’t support your people, you shouldn’t be in business.
Mega Support When and How You Need It
As a business owner, wouldn’t it be awesome to have all of this?
- Initial and ongoing training so you launch and maintain your business with a full understanding of what to do each day.
- A leadership team who is dedicated to a brand they have put their hearts and souls into – who are here to make sure you have what you need to fall in love with the brand too. It’s literally the coolest Mexican food franchise out there.
- Support and guidance with start-up, build out, inventory, hiring, recipes, operations, marketing, and more. We aren’t kidding when we say we have a system for everything.
The next time you see a Mexican restaurant for sale, before you get all excited, do your homework. Who are you going into business with? Will you be on your own, or will you have the Dankest team in restaurant history behind you? Will you be scrounging up customers, or will you have a Dank Nation ready and waiting for you to open your doors?
Side note: What the heck is a Dank Nation?
Dank Nation: The following that has grown since our inception. You’ll find them in line at our restaurants, wearing our merch, and on social media spreading the word about how much they love the Dank Burrito food and vibe (where you won’t find them is in that random Mexican restaurant for sale down the street).
You Might as Well Have a Look
C’mon already. If you are checking out Mexican restaurants for sale, you owe it to yourself to check out the Dank Burrito franchise opportunity. There really is no other Mexican food franchise like Dank.
- No flavor bombs like ours
- No fresh to death ingredients like ours
- No franchise model like ours
- Not Dank family like ours
In all honesty, we don’t know what the heck you’re waiting for. Consider this your written invitation to have a look.
Clarke Merrell is the Executive Chef and Owner of several restaurants in North Carolina, including Dank Burrito Franchise, Circa 81 Tapas & Cockatileria, Beaufort Olive Oil Company, and Merrell Estate & Gardens.